Soundview’s Executive Books Summaries blog looks at trends in topics that are being covered in business books. Trust is one topic that authors have increasingly been writing about in recent years. Authors that have written on the subject:
- M.R. Covey – The Speed of Trust and Smart Trust
- Jordan Lewis – Trusted Partners
- Rohit Barghava – Likeonomics
- Robert Hurley – The Decision to Trust
All authors agree that trust is very important and possibly the one main characteristic needed to be a strong leader.
David Horsager has recently published The Trust Edge and provides 8 pillars of trust:
1. Clarity: People trust the clear and mistrust the ambiguous.
2. Compassion: People put faith in those who care beyond themselves.
3. Character: People notice those who do what is right over what is easy.
4. Competency: People have confidence in those who stay fresh, relevant, and capable.
5. Commitment: People believe in those who stand through adversity.
6. Connection: People want to follow, buy from, and be around friends.
7. Contribution: People immediately respond to results.
8. Consistency: People love to see the little things done consistently.